|Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide Pilots|
|The Main Characters of the show. From left to right: Moze, Ned and Cookie.|
Rumor has it that the series' original pilot episode, called "Ned's Classified School Survival Guide," aired once on September 7, 2003. According to some sources, the episode featured the character "Boogie" (rather than "Cookie"), played by Steven Markarian, as Ned's male friend. In order to promote racial diversity in the show, Nickelodeon replaced Markarian's character with "Cookie," played by Daniel Curtis Lee; later, they recast Markarian as Albert Wormenheimer. After the switch, Nick filmed another pilot, "Ned's Locker," with the new cast. After filming the two pilots, production ceased until the following year. The pilot was a success, so Nickelodeon picked up the show for a 13-episode first season.
Allegedly, "Ned's Classified" has not aired since its single broadcast in 2003, and "Ned's Locker" remains unaired. Some claim that the Australian DVD release of Ned's Declassified Season 1 lists the original pilot as a special feature, but this has not been confirmed; there is no known online store that lists the episode as a special feature on the DVD. In addition, there is no known TV schedule that confirms that "Ned's Classified" aired. The only known schedule that shows Nickelodeon's programming lineup for the month of September 2003 makes no mention of the pilot; however, the legitimacy of this schedule is unknown.
However, numerous people claim to have seen "Ned's Classified" at one point, and confirm that the character now known as "Cookie" was white. Only time will tell if episode this or "Ned's Locker" actually exists, or if they were just made up.
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ned%27s_Declassified_School_Survival_Guide
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 http://www.tv.com/shows/neds-declassified/forums/pilot-episode-12373-493215/
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ned%27s_Declassified_School_Survival_Guide_episodes#Season_0_.282003.E2.80.9304.29
- ↑ http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/showpost.php?p=991393&postcount=1
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/television/comments/2xh9p7/does_anyone_know_if_the_original_neds/