Ghost EP is a rare, 2008, 3 track EP by HORSE the Band that was subject to an incredibly limited release, with fewer than 250 copies ever being sold in May 2008 during the Asian leg of HORSE the Band's Earth Tour. The EP was apparently recorded in David Isen's house specifically for the Earth Tour, as it had proven too costly to sell copies of their previous albums through their distributors while on tour.
Allegedly, the band lost all unsold copies while in transit to Turkey, and their digital master copy (the only copy they had left) was lost soon after, during an accidental hard drive reformat that occurred a few months later. The EP was sold for 1 (whatever currency the country they were in used), and as this was very cheap in some countries, some people were said to have purchased 10 or more discs at a time, meaning that of the few copies that exist, it's likely that more than one person are in possession of multiple copies of the EP.
Most sources cite the track list as follows:
- "The House of Boo 2: Whatcha Gonna Do"
- "The Phantom Zone"
- "Ghostbusters Theme"
A copy has allegedly shown up on eBay in the past in the form of a clear CD in a clear case, with a Lif Records #2 stamp on the back, underneath a stylised "HtB" logo (although this claim has not been verified, and no eBay records can be found regarding the item). It is rumored (though not confirmed) that each track only runs for 30 seconds. A segment from the Earth Tour videos (which HORSE the Band recently released online for free) is often cited as a possible snippet from Track number 1, "The House of Boo 2: Whatcha Gonna Do". Strangely, AOL Music lists the EP as available from Amazon and iTunes (which it clearly isn't). There is little more information available regarding the EP, save for a couple of interviews and forum posts in which various band members make references to it.
- ↑ Free torrent download of HORSE the Band's Earth Tour. Retrieved 10 Feb '13.
- ↑ AOL Music's HORSE the Band page. Retrieved 10 Feb '13.
- ↑ HORSE the Band interview referencing the Ghost EP. Retrieved 10 Feb '13.
- ↑ Another HORSE the Band interview in which the EP is again referred to. Retrieved 10 Feb '13.
- ↑ absolutepunk.net thread in which several HORSE the Band members reference the Ghost EP. Retrieved 10 Feb '13.